Copyright 2013...Jeff Greenberg...All Rights Reserved
No writings or any other items on this blog may be used or reproduced in any form without the author's written permission or consent.

Sunday, September 15, 2019

Extra! Extra! Read All About It!


     My life has been chock full of highlights!  How many Americans can boast travel in all 50 states and all but three Canadian provinces and territories?  Then there are the endless highlights from following all four major sports religiously since 1963!  I also home schooled for six years, have had some incredible workplace experiences and hundreds more in friendships, relationships and family life!  What more could I want?

     For me, Wednesday, August 28, 2019 could be another Red Letter Date!  I left my full-time job right at my 3 p.m. end time and motored south, then west to a previously obscure address near Spirit of St. Louis Airport.

     I ended up going into a room with a couple dozen article clips from a previous life.  They were of a variety of subject areas and types from back in the 1980s and ‘90s. I met with the managing editor and the associate editor who loved my resume from the online application, and my published clips and enthusiasm even more.

     So, after having more than 3,500 articles published from 1979-1999 for the West County Journals, West End Word, Limelight, St. Louis Sun, Chicago Tribune, Cincinnati Enquirer, Buffalo (NY) Courier-Express, Des Moines Register, Washington (DC) Star, Baton Rouge (LA) Advocate, St. Louis Small Business Monthly, Maryland Heights Community News and Issues, Sports St. Louis, The Sports Journal of Calgary, Alberta and several more publications, plus the online Yahoo Contributor’s Network….I became a freelance reporter for West and Mid Rivers Newsmagazines.  

West NewsmagazineMid Rivers Newsmagazine

     The immediate requirement was that I have to cover the twice monthly municipality meetings.  I chose the city of Ballwin, and have already covered one of its Board of Aldermen meetings.  This week, it’s a Creve Coeur Open House for a follow up piece on a huge, ongoing project.

     I am excited about most freelance writing projects.  So, if you live in a municipality in the western half of St. Louis County or the eastern half of St. Charles County, you may see several pieces from me online or in issues delivered to your home.

     Also, turning this into somewhat of a begging blog, please keep your eyes and ears open for other freelance writing ideas.  I am quite adept at people features; event coverage, including ones involving charitable organizations; plus content writing and many areas of technical writing and White Papers.  I also did editorial work for four different publications.

     So, if you have any good St. Louis area freelance leads, please ONLY email me at JiffyJeffy55@aol.com.  I promise to still see you at social and networking events! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment